Angola: New Milestone In direction of Improvement Of Blocks 20 And 21

Agência Nacional de Petróleo, Gás e Biocombustíveis (ANPG), TotalEnergies EP Angola and Sonangol Pesquisa e Produção S.A. signed Tuesday a heads of settlement associated to the longer term improvement of the Cameia and Golfinho fields, positioned on Blocks 20 and 21 within the Kwanza basin.

This heads of settlement is a vital milestone in the direction of a last funding determination anticipated in 2023, after companions and authorities’ approval.

This future improvement venture on Blocks 20 and 21, positioned round 150 km southwest of Luanda, will comprise an FPSO, the seventh for TotalEnergies in Angola, linked to a subsea community. The design of this new venture contains electrical technology from a mixed cycle turbine and a zero flaring idea, permitting a decrease carbon depth.

“Along with our companions, we’re working to make attainable this primary offshore improvement venture within the Kwanza basin, which can enable to place in manufacturing Cameia and Golfinho discoveries and add extra worth to new nationwide vitality sources”, stated Nicolas Terraz, President, Exploration & Manufacturing at TotalEnergies. “TotalEnergies celebrates 70 years of presence in Angola this 12 months. Now we have all the time been pioneers within the Angolan vitality panorama.”

“This settlement ought to enable the primary manufacturing within the maritime zone of the Kwanza and should contribute decisively for the nationwide manufacturing aims. Its potential could generate curiosity from different operators, together with the start of different developments on the Kwanza Basin”, stated Paulo Jerónimo, Chairman of the Board of ANPG, congratulating the pioneers TotalEnergies and Sonangol Pesquisa e Produção, and awaiting with expectation the subsequent phases for the concretization of outcomes.

“At this time, we reached an essential milestone. For the approaching years, the target is for this venture to achieve success. For a while now, we would like Blocks 20 and 21 to begin producing, and we goal a last funding determination this 12 months, permitting quickly that the offshore Kwanza Basin begins manufacturing”, stated Gaspar Martins, Chairman of the Board, at Sonangol.

TotalEnergies EP Angola Blocks 20-21 (Operator) holds an 80% curiosity in every block, whereas Sonangol Pesquisa e Produção S.A holds the remaining 20%.