Voters have till 7 p.m. Tuesday handy of their ballots in Tucson’s particular election to approve or refuse a brand new franchise settlement with Tucson Electrical Energy.
289,770 ballots within the all-mail election on Prop. 412 have been despatched out final month,
addressed to every registered voter within the metropolis. Simply greater than 58,800
had been returned, with officers starting to course of them, as of Monday.
Town of Tucson conducts “all mail” elections, however a restricted variety of voting areas are open 6 a.m.-7 p.m. on Election Day, together with one in every ward. Voters who haven’t but returned their ballots should drop them off in particular person Tuesday; the deadline to mail a poll again was final week.
The primary election outcomes needs to be accessible round 8 p.m.
(All websites open 6 a.m.-7 p.m. on Election Day.)
- Metropolis Clerk’s Election Heart — 800 E. twelfth St.
- Pima County Recorder’s Workplace, Downtown — 240 N. Stone Ave.
- Pima County Recorder, Elections Dep’t — 6550 S. Nation Membership Rd.
- Division of Housing and Group Growth — 310 N. Commerce Park Loop
- Morris Okay. Udall Regional Heart — 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd.
- Donna R. Liggins Recreation Heart — 2160 N. sixth Ave.
- William Clements Recreation Heart — 8155 E. Poinciana Dr.
- El Pueblo Senior Heart — 101 E. Irvington Rd.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, Randolph Park — 900 S. Randolph Approach
The one situation on the poll within the spring particular election is a renewal of an settlement granting entry privileges to TEP inside the town limits.
will decide is the franchise settlement will likely be prolonged for one more
25 years, together with an current 2.25% payment on month-to-month electrical payments for
TEP prospects inside the metropolis, and a brand new 0.75% “neighborhood resilience
The settlement solely applies contained in the Tucson metropolis limits, and solely
registered voters within the metropolis can forged ballots within the election.
Prop. 412 is authorised by voters, the extra income could be used
to place some new energy strains underground, and pay for some actions
below the town’s Local weather Motion Plan.
The brand new charges will value about $1 per thirty days for residential prospects,
and about $2.65 month-to-month for small companies, metropolis and TEP